America is weeping this week. It’s been rough, y’all.
I’ve been struggling with what to say that hasn’t been said and I’m not sure how to process all this.
I remain inspired by those who continue to hope and push for change. There are actions we can take – know where your community leaders stand on gun control & police reform, and cast your votes!
Reading comics, watching Netflix, and laughing at silly memes has felt odd this week, but that’s okay. There wouldn’t be much point in fighting for better without the little enjoyable things in life that get us through our days.
Here are some more things I smiled at this week:
- I started reading Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson and so far love it.
- This recipe for roasted brussels sprouts and bacon was delicious!
- Maker-of-drawings, Marc Johns, is offering free shipping at his shop this weekend, so I plan to grab some art.
- I am almost halfway through my second annual Buffy the Vampire Slayer series rewatch.
- This is just another reason why Serena Williams is awesome.
- NASA’s Juno spacecraft entered Jupiter’s orbit. Go science!
- Finally, it was Sarah’s birthday yesterday and she had a good day. 🙂
Be good to yourself and others this weekend!
Photo Credit: Smiley N. Pool/ The Dallas Morning News